Monday, May 14, 2012

This desk is not in mint condition.


My grandfather was a very interesting man.  He was a lawyer and then when he moved to this country, he became a teacher.  I think he secretly wanted to be a doctor, because he loved reading medical books.  He also loved anything that had to do with Mid Century Modern.  When I was a child, my favorite part about visiting his house, besides the amazing rice pudding he cooked, was to sit in this desk and imagine I was in a 1960s movie.  While sitting in his desk, my grandfather would play records like Aretha Franklin, Pete Fountain, David Brubeck, Sarah Vaughn, Stan Getz, the Beatles, Astrid Gilberto, and many more.  My appreciation of all types of music and vintage things came from grandfather.  I loved hearing the mellow and cool sounds of the 1960s on his vintage record player.  My favorite part of having my own Etsy shop, is getting to photograph the lovely vases for sale in my shop on his mid century desk.  Even though this desk isn't in mint condition, I would never get rid of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment