Thursday, May 3, 2012

Doesn't this gorgeous and modern vase make you want to visit the moon? It is very populated in Miami, so it's very difficult to watch stars in the city.  In order to stargaze, I would have to drive out to the the Everglades and, frankly, I'm afraid of alligators.  Since I can't watch stars outside, one of my favorite things to do is visit the Museum of Science in Miami and watch the planetarium shows.  Every time I pick up this vase, it reminds me how I love watching stars and planets at the planetarium.  This vase is very unique and I absolutely love it! It is a rare Scherzer Op Art Vase from the 1960s/70s.

These West German art vases from the 1960s are becoming quite collectible. They were recently featured in Martha Stewart Magazine's premier digital issue for iPad. The vase in my shop was recently featured in an Etsy treasury list!


No comments:

Post a Comment